Practical Travel Gear was established in its present form as a multi-author blog in 2009. Our aim is to review travel gear items that provide good value for vacationers, business travelers, weekend adventurers, and round-the-world vagabonds. As an antidote to the glossy magazines pimping super-expensive skis, watches, and jackets that cost more than a normal person’s two-week vacation, we review practical travel gear that’s worth the money and is going to hold up to frequent use.
All our reviews are based on first-person experience, usually after extensive field tests spanning several trips. All four of us are active international travel writers who are headed somewhere new at least once a month. We hike, bike, ski, kayak, camp, fly, and pound the pavement with what we use before recommending a product to our readers.
Practical Trael Gear Stats:
In most respects we are the #1 travel gear blog on the web, with a new review going up each weekday and a long list of inbound links from authoritative sites.
– We average 18,000 to 24,000 unique visitors per month.
– Our readers spend twice as much time and view twice as many pages as they do on the average review site
– We are on the first page of search engines for 350+ keyword phrases
– Our readers buy more than 250 items per month through our online affiliate links (and who knows how many at retail!)
– Close to 3,000 readers follow us on social media or by RSS and another 30,000+ follow our four writers individually
Our prime advertising spots are often booked a quarter or two in advance, so please plan ahead if you are looking to reach all our readers through display ad packages. Rates are listed here.
Follow this link if you’d like to get your gear reviewed.
To learn about our individual writers, see the About Us page.
For any other business or partnership questions, contact editor Tim Leffel at this address: tim [ at] practicaltravelgear.com
As Seen In