Whether you’re playing 18 holes at the local golf course or hiking up Mount Kilimanjaro, you need a reliable quick-dry shirt to maintain your body temperature. Sweating too much in the winter can cause hypothermia and sweating in the summer can lead to dehydration. Here are some of the best quick-dry shirts:
Ex-Officio Wanderlux Crossfront
- 87% Polyester / 13% Spandex.
- Moisture wicking and quick drying.
- Smooth, ultra-soft jersey fabric blend.
- Flattering v-neckline with 2-layer front.
- Banded cuffs with button detail.
REI Northway Drape Neck Travel Shirt
REI is a well-known fashion brand of travel clothing, and their Northway Drape Neck travel shirt is one of the best quick-drying shirts money can buy. Not only is the shirt quick-drying and lightweight, but its’ also odor and wrinkle resistant. The special blend of polyester wicks away moisture better than most other shirts and the quick-dry action is built-in the fabric so it won’t wash away like other shirts.
Best Quick-Dry Shorts/Pants
Next to shirts, it’s important your quick-dry wardrobe has at least one pair of shorts/pants. Nobody likes walking for long periods of time with pants sticking to the sweat dripping down your legs. These pants and shorts should keep you dry and should avoid sticking to your legs:
Columbia Silver Ridge Shorts
- Silver Ridge™ Ripstop 100% nylon.
- Partial Elastic at Waist.
- Omni-Wick Advanced Evaporation.
- Omni-Shade UPF 50 sun protection.
- Exterior adjustable waist.
Duluth Trading Dry on the Fly Nylon Cargo Pants
- Buttoned closure.
- The most popular model of Molecule cargo pants.
- Machine Washable, Tumble dry Friendly.
- Internal Waist Cords to Customise Fit.
- Locker Loops.
We’ve already briefly spoken about some quick dry underwear, which are typically referred to as “breathable.” These underwear are essential to keep you comfortable when hiking, hunting, or fishing, and you’ll find either of these brands of underwear will keep you dry thanks to their quick-drying action:
Icebreaker Anatomica Relaxed Boxer
- 96% Merino/4% Lycra.
- Made from our lightest weight of merino with a touch of LYCRA®.
- Features a pouch with fly opening and a striped elastic waistband.
- Moisture wicking and breathable
- Naturally odor-resistant, Non-itch merino.
TravelSmith Qwik-Drying Boxer Briefs
- 94% Nylon/6% Lyrca.
- Extremely quick-drying so you can wash on-the-go and pack fewer pairs.
- Treated with Aegis Microbe Shield to prevent and control odor-causing bacteria.
- Terry elastic back and functional fly
- ExOfficio’s Give-N-Go boxer brief boasts moisture-wicking technology for breathable comfort.
Best Quick-Dry Jackets
Last but not least – you’ll need a quick dry jacket for when you need an added layer to stay warm. Quick dry jackets tend to be lightweight, and they often have some form of mesh to let air pass through to wick moisture away from your body. Some of our favorite quick-dry jackets include:
Beretta Quick-Dry Jacket
- Great lightweight jacket .
- favorite among outdoor junkies.
- Plenty of room to swing the gun.
- storage bag.
- Super quick dry.
This lightweight and quick drying jacket has become a favorite among those who frequently spend time outdoors. The mostly nylon fabric has a comfortable stretch to it and the inner mesh lining is breathable enough to wick away moisture fast enough. There are also plenty of pockets to store small items and valuables making the Beretta Quick-Dry Jacket a useful jacket that everybody can benefit from having.
TravelSmith Men’s Voyager Vest
If a jacket is going to be too much, then the TravelSmith Men’s Voyager Vest may be the perfect outer layer to keep you dry. Made of lightweight, abrasion-resistant nylon, the Voyager Vest features UPF40+ sun protection, a mesh lining for breathability, and an adjustable cord bottom edge. A hidden zippered front also has several pockets for added security if you want to store some of your valuables as well.
As you travel more and explore new places, you’ll come to love quick-drying clothing, especially during summer months or long hikes. We covered the basics of quick dry clothing, and once you expand your wardrobe, you can find additional quick dry hats, gloves, socks, and even more to keep you dry during your time spent outdoors.