Best Travel Hats for Everyday Travel
If you’re traveling somewhere where the temperature is moderate, there’s no need to pack anything crazy. In fact, you can be happy knowing all you have to pack for is your own personal comfort. If you’re a hat person, then perhaps one of these hats will be the perfect travel accessory for your everyday travels:
- Runabout Packable Fedora: If you’re able to pull off a fedora, then the Runabout Packable Fedora Hat is the perfect travel accessory. Made of 100% fur felt, the Runabout is both stylish and comfortable. It’s soft and lightweight, and it comes in either walnut or caribou. It certainly is one of the pricier fedoras at about $180, but it’s one of the more stylish travel hats you can possibly find.
- Hi-Beam Cap: Perhaps you’re just looking for a traditional, standard hat – say a baseball cap. If so, the Hi-Beam Cap is perfect for you. This illuminated baseball-style cap has two LED-bulb placements so you can read maps, light pathways, or otherwise see in the dark. Made of premium cotton, the Hi-beam Cap is lightweight, comfortable, and perfect for your everyday travels.
Best Travel Hats for Cold Weather
When the weather turns cold, you’ve only really got one thing in mind – staying warm. After your hands and feet, your ears are the most susceptible body part to frostbite. It’s important to protect them when the temperature drops below freezing, and we’ve got the perfect hats for you to stay warm:
- Sherpa Adventure Hat: Not only will the Sherpa Adventure Hat keep you warm in even the coldest of temperatures, but purchasing the hat will also support one of Asia’s most impoverished countries. The Adventure Hat is made of real wool, yet it doesn’t sacrifice comfort or softness at all. It also has enough flexibility to fit multiple head sizes, and it’ll cover your ears completely so your ears are fully protected. Plus, every purchase of the Adventure Hat supports under-privileged Sherpa children in Nepal.
- Orvis Ultimate Cold-Weather Hat: If you’re going to experience the extreme cold, then a Sherpa hat simply isn’t going to cut it. However, the Orvis ultimate Cold-Weather hat will. This nylon hat is lined with fleece that can protect you from the elements no matter how low the mercury drops. Earflaps provide additional protection and a stowaway face mask can shield your nose and mouth from the bitter cold. This outdoor cold weather is rated one of the best in the world, and it’s a must-purchase if you are going to brave the extreme cold.
Travel Hats for UV Protection
On the flip side, perhaps you’re traveling to a tropical destination this year. In this case, you’re going to want a hat that is going to provide protection from the sun’s UV rays AND a hat that will keep you cool and dry. Some of the best travel hats for this purpose include:
- Tilley TM10 Cotton Duck Hat: The Tilley TM10 Cotton Duck Hat provides enough shade for your eyes and face no matter how bright or sunny it is. The hat’s polyester UPH 50+ mesh blocks the sun’s UV rays from damaging your skin, but it also allows air to pass through the hat to keep your head cool and dry. In addition, the TM10 Cotton Duck hat packs flat without damaging the crease or sides.
- Headsweats: There’s a good chance you’ve already seen Headsweats in action without actually even knowing it. The company supplies hats to various athletes, particularly runners. The Protech Hat in particular is useful if you’re going to be out in the sun for long periods of time. The Protech hat goes beyond just protecting your head because it has a built-in flap to keep the sun off of your neck. In addition, the hat is lightweight, wicking, and quick-drying – all essential when the mercury rises above 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
Travel Hats for Women
Men aren’t the only ones who can use a hat to accommodate their style while traveling. Ladies, we’ve found plenty of hats that are stylish, comfortable, and perfect for a variety of situations. Here are some of our favorites:
- Nine West Boucle Newsboy Hat: The Nine West Boucle Newsboy Hat is a stylish, comfortable hat women can wear for everyday travel. Made of a combination of polyester and wool, this hat adds an extra hint of style and flair that pairs well with any casual ensemble. Best of all, it only costs around $20, yet it looks like it should be priced for at least double that.
- Outdoor Research Radar Cap: The women’s Outdoor Research Radar cap has a unique flair of urban style, yet it still retains a lightweight, flexible feel to it. In addition, it comes with 30 SPF sun protection and a small headband absorbs sweat extremely well. It weighs just 1.8 oz. so it’s one of the lightest hats you can fun. The radar cap also comes in sizes for children as well, so you can easily pick up a few hats to protect your children from the sun’s rays too.
Hats are a great travel accessory that can both protect you from the elements and add an extra layer of flair and style to your ensemble. Hopefully now you’ve got some hat ideas for your next vacation.